Senior Development Editor
Maths – No Problem!
£25-32k (dependent on skills & experience) + benefits
Is the role permanent?:
Is the role full-time?:
Priscila Heathcote, [email protected]
31st January 2022
An award-winning publisher of educational material, focused on Maths and Literacy subject areas, is seeking a confident communicator and collaborative team player to join their passionate and customer-focused Publishing team as Senior Development Editor. The company offer an excellent salary package, and great flexibility with this role being 100% remote, based in the UK.
As Senior Development Editor your role supports the Product team in developing sound product concepts for market-leading maths and literacy print and digital materials for primary schools and home learning. Responsibilities include:
- Brief authors clearly and in line with an approved concept, work with and support authors for the duration of the writing period to ensure content is written to brief and submitted on time.
- Work thoroughly and with detail on the manuscript of print and digital components to ensure suitability of content, primary curriculum match (especially maths and literacy), approach and language level.
- Manage manuscript peer review process with internal and external stakeholders, including finding and briefing reviewers, collating comments and feeding back to author(s).
- Brief and manage freelance suppliers where necessary and oversee work to ensure quality control.
- Liaise with cross-functional teams to facilitate smooth production of manuscripts - including reviewing and resolving copy edit queries, inputting on photo and artwork selection, and feeding back on proofs.
The ideal Senior Development Editor will have demonstrable, hands-on experience of developing and editing market-focussed educational resources (specifically Maths) within a publishing environment, and interest in creating engaging print and digital content for teachers, parents and children.
Experience of editing multi-component print and digital products simultaneously from concept to publication under tight deadlines will be really valuable along with exceptional attention to detail, quality control and the ability to communicate sensitively and confidently to authors. A strong awareness of the publishing processes, how they impact manuscript development, and time and product scope will be important.
For a full description of the role, please send your CV with a brief paragraph outlining your relevant skills.