Senior Royalties Administrator
Bonnier Books UK
Victoria House, Bloomsbury Square, Holborn, London
Is the role permanent?
Is the role full-time?
£28,000 - £33,000 per annum
We are currently recruiting a forward-thinking individual to assist in the development and running of the Royalties function within a fast-growing publishing industry leader. The team consists of a head of royalties, a senior administrator and two assistants who have responsibility for royalties on over £90m of turnover.
Essential job functions/responsibilities
- Creating, analysing and working from reports
- Support the head of royalties in the preparation of the quarterly, semi-annual and annual statement runs
- Check and approve contracts (new contract set up, new edition rates, reversions, deceased parties)
- third-party rights income batch reconciliation and approval
- Become a key team member in a constantly changing industry, communicating with teams across multiple imprints and offices
- Liaise with clients and agents regarding sub-rights payments and statement queries
- Assist on projects to help improve and grow the business
- Ad hoc duties as required
Qualifications and experience
- Knowledge of the publishing industry and experience working with Biblio advantageous
- Experience working within the creative industries in a royalties-focused position required. This would be a great opportunity for someone looking for their next step
- Forward-thinking and focused on continual improvement and development
- Friendly, approachable and able to remain calm under pressure
- Strong numerical skills and experience in Excel required
- Must be comfortable taking phone calls and be able to build positive ongoing relationships with our valued authors, agents and clients
- Understanding complex royalty structures such as joint ventures
If you are interested in this role, please apply via our website. We look forward to hearing from you.
Bonnier Books UK is committed to building a diverse workforce through positive action. Currently, Black, Asian and Multi-Ethnic employees are under-represented in our workforce and we actively encourage applicants from these groups. For further information, please read our Diversity & Inclusion Action Plan here.
About Bonnier Books UK
At Bonnier Books UK, we believe that every book matters. We love to publish stories and content that open our eyes to new perspectives and bring us closer together. We offer a nurturing home for our authors, illustrators and brand partners, publishing bestselling books for readers and listeners everywhere. We know that fantastic stories can come from anywhere and our purpose is to bring them to as wide an audience as possible, a simple ethos that has led to us becoming one of the country’s leading publishers.
The offspring of Bonnier Books, a family-owned top-15 world publisher headquartered in Sweden, we are inspired by a rich literary heritage but not bound by convention. We think in generations rather than quarters, and strive always to operate in an open, curious way that contributes to the future of the planet and its people. As a climate-neutral publisher we are an active participant in the Science Based Target initiative, committed to a strategy to limit global warming to 1.5 °C.
Reports to: Royalties Manager
Working pattern: Flexible home working up to three days per week