Senior Editorial Assistant
Bristol University Press
Is the role Permanent?
Is the role Full time?
Rebecca Tomlinson, [email protected]
21 Feb 2024
Bristol University Press (BUP), and its imprint Policy Press (PP), is looking to appoint a Senior Editorial Assistant (SEA) to work within the commissioning team.
They will be joining the press at an exciting time of growth and will be working on social science books that tackle the global challenges of the twenty-first century on a range of subject areas under our Policy Press imprint, including our flagship Social and Public Policy list.
They will support two editors in the commissioning and project management of academic monographs and edited collections, textbooks, and trade titles for the general reader. This involves coordinating the peer review processes, working with authors to ensure timely delivery of manuscripts, liaising with internal departments including sales, marketing and production, and maintaining records in the publishing system. We are looking for an eager and driven candidate who will play a key role in helping to build an exciting publishing programme.
What will you be doing?
- overseeing the proposal and contracted typescript peer review processes
- preparing internal book project paperwork, including financial costings
- liaising with authors and series editors to ensure the timely delivery of manuscripts
- undertaking market research and analysing findings
- maintaining central records on new book projects
- providing other administrative support to the commissioning team
You should apply if
- Experience in an administrative role, preferably within publishing
- Proven ability to juggle priorities and work with little day-to-day supervision
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, especially Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Video Conferencing (Teams / Zoom)
- Attention to detail, with strong organisational skills and the ability to plan and prioritise a busy workload
- Knowledge of the publishing process and industry knowledge of the publishing process and industry, or an ability to acquire it quickly
We are currently operating a blended working policy with a minimum one day per week in the office (based in central Bristol on campus).
The closing date for applications is 11.59pm on Wednesday 21st of February 2024 and it is expected that interviews will take place as soon as possible after the closing date.
For informal enquiries please contact Rebecca Tomlinson, [email protected]
Our strategy and mission
We recently launched our strategy to 2030 tying together our mission, vision and values.
Link for more information and to apply