Senior Digital Marketing Manager
Embla Books, Bonnier
Victoria House, Bloomsbury Square, London. Working pattern: Flexible home working up to three days per week
Is the role permanent?
Is the role full time?
£40,000 - 45,000 per annum
Reports to: Ellie Pilcher, head of fiction marketing
Department: Adult Trade
Embla Books is Bonnier Books UK's digital-led imprint, publishing commercial fiction across a broad range of genres - from crime and thrillers to historical and romantic fiction. In its second year of publishing, Embla is home to many globally bestselling authors – and growing fast.
We're looking for an experienced digital marketing manager with a great track record of connecting books with readers globally and creating bestsellers online.
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone looking to spread their wings and take ownership of the marketing and brand development strategy of the imprint, our books and our authors. In this role, you’ll have full responsibility for your campaigns, will be empowered to manage the imprint's marketing budget to deliver the best results, and will work closely with the publishing and marketing team to deliver best-in-class digital marketing campaigns for our authors.
You will drive the imprint's growth initiatives, building our audiences and consumer marketing channels globally, and will be responsible for establishing marketing solutions that will drive long term sales and revenues.
The ideal candidate will be a self-starter, able to adapt quickly to trends in consumer demand and digital marketing, with an appetite for innovation and experimentation. They will be creative and analytical, consumer-focused, and adept at using data to deliver results.
- Campaigns management: deliver high performing stand-out marketing campaigns for our books, that include paid, social and, where relevant, brand partnerships, blogger and influencer outreach
- Paid advertising: create and manage effective paid ad campaigns to drive sales and ROI, and report results to the team regularly to inform next steps
- Email marketing: set the strategy, create and manage email lists for our authors and the imprint, build audiences, drive sales and engagement with our books
- Social media: Oversee the growth of our social medial channels, with the help of the marketing manager
- Brand strategy: work with the publishing team and head of marketing to set the brand building strategy for our bestselling authors, and deliver year-round marketing campaigns to drive sales growth
- Pricing strategy and price promotions: lead the pricing strategy for our books and manage our promotional calendar
- Author care: be the primary point of contact for your allocated authors and campaigns
- Management: manage one direct report, with the possibility of building the team further as the imprint grows
- Acquisition and publishing strategy: work closely with the publishing team, actively participating in acquisition, positioning, and packaging discussions to align publishing and marketing decisions with our books' target audience
Qualifications and Experience
- Great track record of delivering successful digital marketing campaigns to drive sales and revenue
- Deep experience in performance marketing and paid ad management
- Experience managing campaign budgets, reporting on KPIs and measuring ROI
- Experienced in growing and engaging audiences across social platforms including Facebook, Instagram and TikTok
- Proven ability to use data to inform decisions
- Excellent communication skills, and an ability to work effectively and collaboratively with internal and external stakeholders
- Ability to take a creative and imaginative approach to engaging consumers, with a proven ability to execute campaigns to the highest standards
- First class content creation skills, including design, copywriting and video creation
- Demonstrable experience managing multiple projects, with particular emphasis on time management and prioritisation
If you are interested in this role, please apply via our website. We look forward to hearing from you.
Bonnier Books UK is committed to building a diverse workforce through positive action. Currently, Black, Asian and Multi-Ethnic employees are under-represented in our workforce and we actively encourage applicants from these groups. For further information, please read our Diversity & Inclusion Action Plan here.