Sales Assistant, UK Sales
Bloomsbury Publishing Plc
Is the role permanent?
Is the role full-time?
for general enquires only - [email protected]
We are looking for an enthusiastic, well-organised and confident communicator with excellent time-management skills and attention to detail to work within our fast-moving UK Sales department.
Sales Assistants perform a key support role within the wider UK Sales team working across all Bloomsbury Consumer and Special Interest titles. The role will include assisting on the day-to-day administration and operations of the team and our customers. This particular appointment will support the Children’s sales team.
This is a superb opportunity to join a high performing UK Sales team of a top 5 UK publisher and to work in a vibrant and successful publishing sales environment. Based in our Bedford Square office this will be a hybrid-working position.
- General support for the Children’s Consumer Sales Team
- Assist on retailer/customer account administration
- Fielding queries from current customers and processing orders through our distributor
- Work closely with the warehouse and Bloomsbury operations team to be sure of successful supply to all accounts
- Prepare customer presentations
- Prepare title slides for internal sales team briefing
- Prepare sales figures for the Sales team and senior sales colleagues on request
- Prepare title sales information when requested
- Provide support for regular and ad hoc business analysis including Annual Business Reviews
- Running and distributing companywide reports on a weekly basis
- Responding to requests for catalogues /book samples/AI sheets/ book jackets
- Helping other UK Sales colleagues with e.g. author signing sessions with Bloomsbury authors
- Absence cover for colleagues as required e.g. holidays/summer hours
- General ad hoc admin and wider UK Sales tasks
- Being a key children’s contact point for the Area Sales Managers including collating POS quantities and requests, and managing orders for Events
Knowledge, skills and experience
- Excellent communicator who is confident with dealing with people at all levels, particularly on the phone and over email/video
- Excellent attention to detail and focused on efficiency at all times
- Excellent time-management, prioritisation and organisational skills, with a close eye for detail and keen awareness of deadlines
- Experience of multi-tasking and prioritising a busy work-load with competing demands on your time
- Ability to adapt to changing daily tasks
- Strong numerical skills, excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong IT skills, particularly Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, Word and Teams
- Proficient with systems such as Biblio, Nielsen, Cognos and Vista would be helpful
- Experience in publishing or book trade environment helpful
The role is full-time permanent with a salary of £25,000 per annum.
The role is based at our London office 50 Bedford Square, London, WC1B 3DP on a hybrid-working pattern of 2 days office based / 3 days home based (or fully office based if preferred). Allocated office days for this role are Monday & Tuesday
As an Assistant role, this position is eligible for Bloomsbury’s Rental Deposit Loan Scheme. To assist candidates who want to start and to establish a career in publishing, Bloomsbury offers an interest-free rental deposit to support securing somewhere to live. The rental deposit loan can be up to £3,000 and will be paid back over 2 years.
Please apply with a CV and covering letter addressed to Human Resources (Word or PDF format only) via the URL below detailing how you meet the requirements outlined above for this role by Thursday 8 June 2023
Bloomsbury reserve the right to close the role early if we exceed the required number of applications
As well as a fantastic opportunity to join a global award-winning organisation, Bloomsbury offers the following competitive benefits package:
- hybrid working pattern of: 2 days office based / 3 days home based (or fully office based if preferred)
- 25 days holiday
- 3.5 days Christmas company holiday
- Two paid Personal Wellness Days
- Flexible Fridays – take Friday afternoon off by working an additional 3 hours and 45 minutes earlier in the week
- Season Ticket Loan
- Sharesave Scheme
- In-house Doctor
- Eyecare Voucher Scheme
- Company culture – Employee Voice Meetings, Staff Networks (Bloom (BAME), Accessibility, Mental Health, Pride, and Parents, Guardians and Carers), 10 Mental Health First Aiders trained across the UK offices, Publishing Events and access to free Publishing Resources
For additional benefits see our careers page
Bloomsbury is a place where anyone of any background, race, ethnicity, religion, sexuality, gender identity, age, ability, or socio-economic status can thrive, feel comfortable, and be heard and accepted. We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all sections of the community.
We are willing to make any reasonable adjustments throughout the recruitment process, please flag to the recruitment team if required
Applicants must have the legal right to work in the UK.
The Book Trade Charity provide financial assistance for people looking to get into the publishing industry; you can find more information and talk directly here: http://booktradeentrysupport.org