Job title: Sales and Marketing Manager
Company: UIT Cambridge Limited
Location: Cambridge, possibly split of home/office working
Salary: £25k -£35k pa pro rata based on experience
Is the role permanent? Yes
Is the role full-time? No, 3 days pw or equivalent
Contact details: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: 15th April 2021
Job description :
We’re a successful, independent publisher and our growth means that we now need a Sales and Marketing Manager, whose objective is to improve the sales of our books in the US, UK and ANZ.
Key Areas of Responsibilities:
• Develop and implement the marketing and publicity strategy to maximise sales.
• Create and manage the marketing and publicity for frontlist and backlist titles.
• Liaise with UK and international distributors to build business through publicity and marketing.
• Write copy for sales and marketing, including advance information sheets, back cover copy, press releases, advertisements, awards submissions, blogposts, tweets and sales presentations.
• Manage and attend book launches, book fairs, sales and distribution conferences, awards events and book festivals.
• Develop and nurture relationships with key book reviewers, the press, buyers and bloggers to help our titles reach the widest possible audience.
• Find and make the most of new marketing and publicity opportunities.
• Identify titles in need of refreshing for new audiences.
The successful candidate will:
• Have sales and marketing experience within publishing (This is essential, if you don’t have publishing experience, please don’t apply.)
• Be confident presenting complex ideas in simple form for publicity
• Have strong planning and organisational skills
• Be able to manage and develop good relationships with our many publishing partners
• Be at ease speaking on the phone/zoom with suppliers/ distributors/ customers
• Have excellent written English
Please send a CV and covering letter with details of your relevant experience, education and expected salary to: email@example.com