Publishing Director, Batsford Contract Publishing
BT. Batsford Ltd
Is the role permanent?
Is the role full-time?
Contact details: [email protected]
9 October 2023
Following BT Batsford’s acquisition of Scala Arts and Heritage Publishers, an exciting opportunity has arisen to lead the commercial development of our combined contract business.
Scala and its new sister imprint Pitkin are two of the most respected names in Arts and Heritage contract publishing. Together these two longstanding publishers work with leading cultural and heritage institutions throughout the UK and across the world.
Liaising closely with Scala’s US subsidiary Scala Publishers Inc., this key senior management role will lead the team tasked with the growth and development of Scala and Pitkin’s thriving contract business.
The ideal candidate will:
- Have at least 5 years’ senior management experience, ideally in Arts/Contract publishing.
- Have extensive knowledge of the Arts and Heritage sectors in the UK and abroad.
- Demonstrate strong team leadership skills and experience.
- Demonstrate a successful track record in developing and maintaining profitable business relationships in the Arts/Heritage sectors in the UK and overseas.
- Possess the appropriate blend of commercial acumen and creative flair for this exciting and challenging hybrid role.
- Have strong interpersonal skills, a sharp eye for detail and a thorough understanding of the financial structure of book publishing.
- Be fluent in one or more foreign language – whilst not essential, this would be an asset in this role.
Reporting to Batsford’s Managing Director and based in our central London offices, this is senior role at an exciting new chapter of this growing and vibrant independent publishing house and offers significant career development for the right candidate.
Please apply in writing to David Graham, MD of BT Batsford, with your CV and current salary details to: [email protected]
Closing date: Monday 9 October 2023