Publishing Consultant / Project Manager
Virtusales Publishing Solutions
The role is based in Brighton, UK, with flexible remote working options available. Given the global nature of our projects, the ability to work offset hours to support North American implementations would be an advantage.
Competitive dependent on experience plus benefits
Is the role permanent?
Is the role full time?
To apply please send your CV and cover letter to [email protected]
Strictly no agencies, please.
25th November 2023
Virtusales is the market leader for book publishing systems and a successful software provider to publishers globally. Our BiblioSuite publishing system runs the processes for many prominent publishers including Penguin Random House, Hachette UK, Macmillan, Bloomsbury, Harvard University Press, Oxford University Press, and a large number of quality independents at home and abroad.
Having secured some exciting new projects worldwide, we are growing again and looking for candidates with experience implementing and/or using BiblioSuite.
The successful individual will join our projects team, working in collaboration with our colleagues, partners and customers in the UK, North America, Australia, and Europe.
Key responsibilities of the role include:
- Involvement in pre-sales activities including RFPs, proposals and demos
- Analysing requirements and writing specifications
- Contributing to implementations including configuration and training
- Implementing new modules for existing customers
- Relationship management for existing high-profile customers
- Managing project budgets and driving implementation schedules
This is a fantastic opportunity with a company that is setting the pace in publishing software and will suit someone with:
- a good understanding of publishing workflows, preferably with specific knowledge in production, rights or royalties
- specific experience using or implementing BiblioSuite
- excellent negotiation and communication skills, with the ability to create strong relationships, as you’ll be working and liaising with individuals at all levels across the entire business and client portfolio.
- a sense of ownership and commitment to achieve results
- resourcefulness, diligence and a proactive approach to generating ideas and plans, working to create new business opportunities.
- a collaborative nature who enjoys working as part of a team and has a sense of ownership to see projects through to a successful completion.
As a global employer, we believe our success depends on diversity, inclusion and mutual respect among our team members. Virtusales rewards productivity with good pay, excellent conditions and an informal working atmosphere, with an emphasis on modern management techniques, a flat hierarchy and flexible working hours to get the very best from our team.