POD Production Assistant x 2, Academic & Professional (4 Month FTC)
Bloomsbury Publishing Plc
Is the role permanent?
No, 4 Month FTC
Is the role full-time?
for general enquires only - [email protected]
We are looking for two POD Production Assistants to co-ordinate the conversion of our backlist titles to Print-on-Demand formats. The role sits in our busy Academic and Professional Division, which publishes across a range of subjects including Philosophy, Education, Theology, Linguistics, History, Drama, Film and Media, and Fashion.
This would be an excellent first job for someone keen to gain experience in the book publishing industry within the production-editorial environment.
- Process POD submissions to the department
- Maintain POD title metadata
- Create cover templates
- Source text files or hard copies and arrange for conversion to POD
- Distribute POD-ready files to our POD suppliers
- Trouble-shoot across the POD process and clear error reports from suppliers
- Data entry and other admin tasks to support the team as required
Knowledge, skills and experience
- Excellent organizational and time-management skills
- Proven IT skills (knowledge of Excel essential, of Adobe Acrobat desirable)
- Ability to process a large volume of work quickly and accurately
- Keen eye for detail
The roles are full-time temporary 4 month contract positions
Salary Pay Point: £27,000 per annum
The role is based at our London office 50 Bedford Square, London, WC1B 3DP on a hybrid working pattern of 2 days office based / 3 days home based (or fully office based if preferred). Allocated office days for this role are: Wednesday / Thursday.
Please apply with a CV and covering letter addressed to Human Resources (Word or PDF format only) via the URL Below button detailing how you meet the requirements outlined above for this role by 10th December 2023
Bloomsbury reserve the right to close the role early if we exceed the required number of applications
As well as a fantastic opportunity to join a global award-winning organisation, Bloomsbury offers the following competitive benefits package:
- hybrid working pattern of: 2 days office based / 3 days home based (or fully office based if preferred)
- 25 days holiday
- 3.5 days Christmas company holiday
- Two paid Personal Wellness Days
- Flexible Fridays – take Friday afternoon off by working an additional 3 hours and 45 minutes earlier in the week
- Season Ticket Loan
- Sharesave Scheme
- AXA Healthcare Plan (Private Medical Insurance)
- In-house Doctor
- Eyecare Voucher Scheme
Company culture – Employee Voice Meetings, Staff Networks; (Bloom (BAME), Accessibility, Mental Health, Pride, and Parents, Guardians and Carers) and 21 Mental Health First Aiders trained across the UK offices, Publishing Events and access to free Publishing Resources
For additional benefits see below
Bloomsbury is a place where anyone of any background, race, ethnicity, religion, sexuality, gender identity, age, ability, or socio-economic status can thrive, feel comfortable, and be heard and accepted. We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all sections of the community.
We are willing to make any reasonable adjustments throughout the recruitment process, please flag to the recruitment team if required
Applicants must have the legal right to work in the UK.