Marketing Manager non-fiction, Adult Trade
Bonnier Books UK
Victoria House, Bloomsbury Square, London
Is the role permanent?
Is the role full-time?
£31-35,000 per annum (depending on experience)
Reports to: Natalia Cacciatore, head of marketing, non-fiction
Working pattern: Flexible home working up to three days per week
Imprints: Zaffre Publishing Group - including Blink, John Blake, Lagom, Manilla Press
Bonnier Books UK are looking for an experienced marketing manager to join our dynamic and talented marketing team. In this role, you will work across the adult non-fiction trade imprints within the Zaffre Publishing Group. Reporting into the head of non-fiction marketing, you will plan and execute best-in-class 360 marketing campaigns for our nonfiction titles and help grow and develop our online communities.
We publish books that are at the forefront of popular culture – whether that’s a blockbuster royal biography, a superstar comedian’s hilarious coming-of-age memoir, a life-changing lifestyle guide from a Tiktok sensation or a gripping true crime story. Our books entertain, inform and excite and we are home to bestselling authors, including Katherine, Rob Beckett, Josh Widdicombe, Bob Mortimer, Anita Rani and more.
That’s where you come in. We’re seeking an individual who is passionate about the entertainment industry and knows how to identify, reach and engage relevant target communities, from celebrity autobiography readers to true crime devotees. Whether it’s working with brand partners to reach core readers or working directly with talent, you’ll have impeccable communication skills and the ability to build excellent working relationships.
A social media native and talented copywriter, you’ll have a track record of bringing innovative, conversation driving marketing campaigns to life and be bursting with out of the box ideas. You'll have demonstrable experience in running organic and paid social media campaigns, analysing and reporting on campaign performance, have strong attention to detail and be adept at using data to test and optimise to deliver results.
We're looking for a proactive collaborator who can thrive in a fast-paced environment, is agile, and who can manage multiple deadlines. You’ll work alongside a dynamic, collaborative, and highly skilled team who love what they do.
- Plan and execute highly effective and creative marketing campaigns, to drive sales and revenue for all allocated books.
- Set KPIs, monitor ROI, and provide ongoing analysis of marketing campaigns to inform our marketing and publishing decisions on future campaigns.
- Deliver unmissable end-to-end marketing strategies, leveraging advertising, OOH media, creative channels and partnerships to do so.
- Actively contribute to the strategy and growth of our direct-to-consumer marketing channels, including our true crime and health and lifestyle communities.
- Work closely with the publishing team, actively participating in acquisition, positioning, and packaging discussions to align publishing and marketing decisions with our books' target audience.
- Work closely with the sales and editorial teams to identify promotional opportunities across front and backlist and devise and execute backlist marketing campaigns.
- Support a culture of collaboration and transparency, as well as deliver best-in-class author care, working closely with the sales and editorial teams.
Qualifications and Experience
- Impeccable communication skills, and a proven ability to work effectively and collaboratively with internal and external stakeholders.
- Strong track record of delivering successful multi-channel, consumer and trade-focused marketing campaigns, online and offline.
- Experienced in growing and engaging audiences across social platforms including Twitter, Instagram and TikTok.
- Understanding of consumer behaviour, how to reach and engage audiences and how to react to culturally relevant moments
- Experience managing campaign budgets, reporting on KPIs and measuring ROI.
- Proven ability to use data to inform decisions.
- Ability to take a creative and imaginative approach to engaging consumers, with a proven ability to execute campaigns to the highest standards.
- First class content creation skills, including design, copywriting and video creation.
- Book publishing experience preferred but not essential
If you are interested in this role, please apply via our website. We look forward to hearing from you.
Bonnier Books UK is committed to building a diverse workforce through positive action. Currently, Black, Asian and Multi-Ethnic employees are under-represented in our workforce and we actively encourage applicants from these groups. For further information, please read our Diversity & Inclusion Action Plan here.
About Bonnier Books UK
At Bonnier Books UK, we believe that every book matters. We love to publish stories and content that open our eyes to new perspectives and bring us closer together. We offer a nurturing home for our authors, illustrators and brand partners, publishing bestselling books for readers and listeners everywhere. We know that fantastic stories can come from anywhere and our purpose is to bring them to as wide an audience as possible, a simple ethos that has led to us becoming one of the country’s leading publishers.
The offspring of Bonnier Books, a family-owned top-15 world publisher headquartered in Sweden, we are inspired by a rich literary heritage but not bound by convention. We think in generations rather than quarters, and strive always to operate in an open, curious way that contributes to the future of the planet and its people. As a climate-neutral publisher we are an active participant in the Science Based Target initiative, committed to a strategy to limit global warming to 1.5 °C.