Marketing Manager, Children's Books
Bonnier Books UK
Victoria House, Bloomsbury Square, London
Permanent and full-time
£31,000 – £37,000 per annum
Reports to: Head of Marketing & Publicity, Children's Books
Working pattern: Flexible remote working up to three days per week
Department: Children's Trade Publishing
Imprint: Big Picture Press, Studio Press
Are you a creative marketer with a pop culture obsession and a love for beautiful children’s books?
Bonnier Books UK is looking for a marketing manager to join their children’s trade team. Reporting to the head of marketing and publicity, you’ll take the lead on growing our social media channels, developing brand partnerships, and marketing front and backlist releases from two of our award-winning imprints: Big Picture Press and Studio Press.
Big Picture Press has made an indelible mark on the children's non-fiction market with its boutique range of illustrated gift books, including the award-winning Welcome to the Museum series. Studio Press publishes the best trend, brand and celebrity-led publishing in the UK, and is the publishing partner to some of the biggest entertainment brands in the world.
Working with our outstanding marketing and publicity team, you’ll deliver year-round marketing campaigns for some of our biggest children’s brands, including Disney, Marvel, and Jonny Duddle’s Gigantosaurus , as well as working with authors and illustrators across the critically acclaimed BPP list.
The Ideal candidate will have a passion for children's books and storytelling, solid experience in direct-to-consumer marketing, and a track record of bringing to life creative marketing campaigns. You’ll be highly commercial, action-oriented, consumer-focused, and adept at using data to inform decisions and deliver results. A social media native (ideally with some experience of TikTok), you’ll be bursting with energy, enthusiasm and ideas.
This is a rare opportunity to work on truly extraordinary children’s books. You’ll be directly responsible for delivering cross-channel multi-media marketing campaigns, whilst working alongside a dynamic, collaborative, highly skilled team who love what they do.
- Plan and execute clear and effective marketing campaigns, to drive sales and revenue for the books published under our Big Picture Press and Studio Press imprints.
- Own and build our Big Picture Press and Studio Press social media and direct to consumer channels, delivering to clear KPIs and measures of success.
- Secure third party and brand partnerships to reach new readers
- Deliver year-round for our key children's brands and work directly with our head of marketing to create and implement best-in-class campaigns.
- Set KPIs, monitor ROI, and provide ongoing analysis of marketing campaigns to inform our marketing and publishing decisions
- Actively contribute to strategic and planning discussions with your department head and team
- Work closely with the publishing team, actively participating in acquisition, positioning, and packaging discussions to align publishing and marketing decisions with our books' target audience
- Work closely with the sales team to identify promotional opportunities across the front and backlist.
- Be the primary POC internally for their authors and allocated campaigns, and participate in author-facing discussions for select authors.
Qualifications and Experience
- Solid track record of delivering successful consumer marketing campaigns to drive sales and revenue
- Expertise in performance and digital marketing across all key online channels
- Highly experienced in growing and engaging audiences across social platforms including Twitter, Instagram and TikTok
- Experience managing campaign budgets, reporting on KPIs and measuring ROI
- Proven ability to use data to inform decisions
- Excellent communication skills, and an ability to work effectively and collaboratively with internal and external stakeholders
- Able to demonstrate a creative and imaginative approach to engaging consumers, with a proven ability to execute campaigns to the highest standards
- First class content creation skills, including design, copywriting and video creation
- Book publishing experience preferred but not essential
We look forward to hearing from you.
Bonnier Books UK is committed to building a diverse workforce through positive action. Currently, Black, Asian and Multi-Ethnic employees are under-represented in our workforce and we actively encourage applicants from these groups. For further information, please read our Diversity & Inclusion Action Plan here.