Job title: Marketing Executive – Bloomsbury Digital Resources
Company: Bloomsbury Publishing Plc
Location: London WC1B 3DP (Currently home based))
Is the role permanent? Yes
Is the role full-time? Yes
Contact details: firstname.lastname@example.org for enquiries only
Closing date: 9 May 2021
Marketing Executive – Bloomsbury Digital Resources
The Bloomsbury Digital Resources Marketing Executive will be a creative self-starter excited by the idea of working in digital publishing and building a brand within the library community. This role presents the opportunity to be part of a highly entrepreneurial and inspired environment that that is collaborative, fast paced, and always looking toward what is next in publishing.
- Contribute to the planning, creation, and execution of global marketing plans for Bloomsbury Digital Resources with ownership of 2-3 products within the Visual Arts portfolio of resources.Work in close association with the marketing and sales departments to further establish and enhance the Bloomsbury Digital Resources brand and that of our products.
- Participate in the development and implementation of the global integrated marketing strategy for assigned products including but not limited to:
- Content Marketing
- Social Media
- Event strategy/conference marketing
- Digital Marketing
- Create and develop marketing materials that best position our products in the marketplace, advance our sales efforts, and adhere to branding guidelines
- Conduct detailed market research that informs all areas of the business on critical areas including market universe by product
- Plan and execute social media campaigns across channels that results in maximum end user engagement and enhances our social media presence in the market
- Provide feedback that helps develop and execute departmental strategy and processes
- Liaise with other departments, especially Sales, Product Management, Product Development, and Editorial, ensuring open and effective communication
Knowledge, skills and experience
- 1-2 years of experience in Publishing
- Experience with PowerPoint and Excel preferred
- An entrepreneurial spirit and the imagination to conceive plans and promotions that excite and engage the library market as well as end users.
- A confident, creative, collaborative person with excellent communication, organizational, and interpersonal skills, a can-do attitude, and the ability to identify and capitalize on new opportunities.
- A self-starter with a proven ability to work independently, meet deadlines, and prioritize workload
- Someone who is excited by the start-up nature of Bloomsbury Digital Resources. A flexible, team player who is always prepared to participate in a new project.
- Articulate and able to present confidently both internally and with customers, agents, and third-party clients.
About Bloomsbury Digital Resources
Bloomsbury Digital Resources is part of the Non-Consumer Division and is developing new digital content services to expand Bloomsbury’s portfolio. The Division has launched Arcadian Library Online, Bloomsbury Collections, the award-winning Bloomsbury Fashion Central (Berg Fashion Library, the Fashion Photography Archive, Fairchild Books Library, Bloomsbury Fashion Business Cases), Churchill Archive, Drama Online, Bloomsbury Popular Music, Bloomsbury Food Library, Bloomsbury Design Library, Bloomsbury Cultural History, Bloomsbury Architecture Library, Bloomsbury Encyclopedia of Philosophers, and Screen Studies.
Bloomsbury offers a very collegial working environment, with a dedicated and enthusiastic team committed to excellence and innovation.
Please apply online with a CV and covering letter detailing how you meet the requirements outlined above for this role by 9th May 2021.
Applicants must have the legal right to work in the UK.