Casemate UK & Oxbow Books
Dependent on skills and experience
Is the role permanent?:
Is the role full time?:
Louise Morgan ([email protected]
Midday, Friday 21st January 2022
Are you looking for your first marketing or publishing role? If so, we are looking for a Marketing Coordinator to join our friendly team at Casemate UK and Oxbow Books. This is a really varied entry-level role, supporting campaigns across our lists. In particular, the job holder will be responsible for working with reviewers and authors to generate publicity for published and distributed titles, and for managing the Casemate UK and Oxbow Books social media channels to build brand awareness and sales.
Casemate UK is a leading publisher in the fields of military history (from ancient civilisations to modern warfare), serving both the trade and academic markets. Our sister company, Oxbow Books, is one of the world’s leading specialist publishers of archaeology, ancient history and medieval studies. As a small, independent publisher, you’ll find lots of opportunity here to grow your skills, contribute ideas, and get involved in many different aspects of marketing. We publish a diverse list of humanities books – our own, plus those of publishers whom we distribute for – so you’ll be working across a broad and interesting subject mix.
Find out more about the key responsibilities of the role and what an average day might include.
WHO ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
- Someone with excellent organisational and communication skills (written and verbal), great attention to detail, and a proven ability to juggle multiple tasks and deadlines.
- You’ll need to be as comfortable writing creative copy as you are organising spreadsheets and data. An eye for design is also a plus.
- We are a small team, and it’s a varied role, so it’s essential that you can work independently using your own initiative as well as within a team environment.
- We are looking for a colleague with a positive, can-do attitude to work and to customers, and who has a desire to produce the best results possible.
Experience and qualifications:
- This is an entry-level role, so aptitude, enthusiasm and transferable experience matters most to us. Some experience working in an office/professional environment is desirable, but the role would also suit a recent graduate with good transferable skills gained through relevant projects and experiences.
- Some demonstrable experience with social media is required. An understanding of marketing would be an advantage. You don’t have to have worked in publishing or in a marketing role, but you’ll have a genuine interest in books and learning about the industry and be able to demonstrate skills and experience that fit the qualities above.
- You’ll need to be confident in using Microsoft Office software, as well as with social media platforms. It’s an advantage if you’ve used in-house databases, scheduling software, WordPress or design packages, but we’ll give you full training on these.
HOW TO APPLY
Further information available here. If you think you have the skills and qualities we are looking for in a Marketing Coordinator, we’d love to hear from you. Please apply with your CV and a covering letter (this is essential) to [email protected], telling us how you fit the description above, and why you are interested in this position.
Closing date is midday on Friday 21st January 2022.