International Senior Sales Executive
Yale University Press London
Circa £25,000 to £27,000 per annum depending on experience
Is the role Full time?
Is the role Permanent?
Friday 1 July 2022
Contact Details: [email protected]
Yale University Press London is looking to recruit a full time International Senior Sales Executive. The successful candidate will be responsible for driving sales through close cooperation with our international sales teams, identifying and developing new accounts, including online and non-traditional businesses, with the aim of increasing revenues throughout our key international markets.
Purpose of job
To increase revenues throughout our key international markets, as determined and assessed by the Head of International Sales.
Originally founded in New Haven Connecticut in 1908, Yale University Press has a unique position as the only American university press with a full-scale publishing operation in Europe, publishing serious non-fiction and fiction in translation, that contributes to a global understanding of human affairs. Our diverse and prize-winning list includes numerous prestigious museum and gallery partnerships, the Pevsner architectural guides series, and books by globally respected authors including Carmen Bambach, John Carey, Terry Eagleton, Nicholas Kenyon, Yasmin Khan, Geoffrey Parker, Thomas Piketty, Griselda Pollock, David Rieff, Zeynep Tufekci and Can Xue.
Yale University Press London is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age. We value, promote and seek diversity.
- Achieve territory and channel targets for the markets defined by the Head of International Sales.
- Provide international customers and agencies with tactical sales tools and information on YUPL and distributed lists, ensuring that they are market-specific, timely, relevant and concise.
- Provide regular sales reporting and analysis on key accounts and new business.
- Arrange meetings either in person and / or via web calls with key agents and/or key customers to generate trade sales in our major markets.
- Identify and develop new accounts, including online and non-traditional businesses – work with Head of International sale and agents to research key online customers and provide an audit of relative size, product scope and opportunities.
- Negotiate opportunities for promotional activity to further advance the position of YUPL in these defined markets to achieve targeted growth.
Additional Duties undertaken
- Complete and distribute quarterly commission sales reports and send monthly sales reports to Sales Agents
- Produce subject lists/promotional flyers and seasonal lists. Prepare sales kits and management of catalogue mailings.
- Handle customer correspondence, quotations and orders in cooperation with our distribution agency.
Person Specification – Key knowledge & skills
- Proven sales experience with a passionate, tenacious approach to selling and an ambition to achieve success and exceed targets
- Excellent IT skills, including MS Office
- Excellent time-management and organisational skills, using your own initiative and keeping to tight deadlines.
- Confident communication, interpersonal and team working skills, with a willingness to work flexibly across all levels of the organisation.
- An enthusiastic and willing approach.
- Good attention to detail
What we can offer
Yale University Press London offers a generous package of benefits including accommodation deposit and travel loans, a cycle purchase scheme, a lively social scene and a generous pension scheme.
The role will be based in our offices on Bedford Square in Bloomsbury WC1, with convenient access to the Northern, Central and Elizabeth lines as well as many bus routes.
Please send your CV and supporting covering letter (including availability, notice period details and current salary) to: [email protected] ensuring you include “International Senior Sales Executive” in the email subject line.
Closing date 24 June 2022
Processing and safeguarding your data - Please see YUPL’s candidate privacy notice https://www.yalebooks.co.uk/pid/page/job