Head of Marketing: Student Learning (Maternity Cover)
Bloomsbury Publishing Plc
Is the role permanent?
No, FTC Maternity Cover - 13 Months
Is the role full-time?
for general enquires only - [email protected]
Head of Marketing, Student Learning (maternity cover) – Academic & Professional Marketing
We are looking for a Head of Marketing responsible for marketing higher education textbooks and digital products to university lecturers and students, and leading the ‘Student Learning’ team.
You will oversee a team working closely with Adoption Sales to promote key textbooks across the Humanities and Social Sciences, Business and Management, and Law. Core lists include Politics, Psychology, Economics, Social Work and History, and flagship series Bloomsbury Study Skills. You will oversee our student marketing strategy, including The Study Space website and YouTube Channel, and oversee digital resources Research Right, Social Work Toolkit, and Maths Engine.
- Ensure Student Learning strategy and tactics align with the priorities and direction of the A&P division, and A&P marketing strategy.
- Oversee team promoting major textbooks, study skills and three digital resources.
- Direct marketing responsibility for: Business & Management, Economics, Literary Studies, Psychology, Sociology, Criminology, Philosophy & Religion.
- Line management of 2 x Marketing Managers and indirect management of 1 x Marketing Coordinator.
- Deliver impactful, measured, and lead-generating marketing campaigns to achieve sales targets.
- Use a range of marketing strategies and tactics to generate awareness of our products with academics and students.
- Execute marketing plans, track performance and budget, and monitor sales opportunities to ensure targets are met, making adjustments to plans and campaigns as needed.
- Articulate product knowledge, market positioning, pricing, and opportunities to the sales teams through the delivery of presentations at sales conferences and the creation of accurate sales materials to support them in their work.
- Lead on Student Learning area of website, and department-level projects and initiatives.
Knowledge, skills and experience
- Adoptions marketing in academic publishing
- Significant experience in delivering successful marketing campaigns and hitting sales targets
- Marketing management utilising the full marketing mix
- Demonstrable copywriting skills and an eye for detail and accuracy
- Highly creative and strategic
- Commercial awareness and strong analytical skills
- Experience leading a small team
- Experience of supporting a sales team and delivering presentations or product training
- Experience of working in publishing, education or related fields
The role is a full-time temporary maternity cover (13 month contract) position.
The role is based at our London office 50 Bedford Square, London, WC1B 3DP on a hybrid working pattern of 2 days office based / 3 days home based (or fully office based if preferred). Allocated office days for this role are: Wednesday and Thursday.
Please apply with a CV and covering letter addressed to Human Resources (Word or PDF format only) via the URL below detailing how you meet the requirements outlined above for this role by 29 May 2023.
Bloomsbury reserve the right to close the role early if we exceed the required number of applications
As well as a fantastic opportunity to join a global award-winning organisation, Bloomsbury offers the following competitive benefits package:
- hybrid working pattern of: 2 days office based / 3 days home based (or fully office based if preferred)
- 25 days holiday
- 3.5 days Christmas company holiday
- Two paid Personal Wellness Days
- Flexible Fridays – take Friday afternoon off by working an additional 3 hours and 45 minutes earlier in the week
- Season Ticket Loan
- Sharesave Scheme
- In-house Doctor
- Eyecare Voucher Scheme
- Company culture – Employee Voice Meetings, Staff Networks (Bloom (BAME), Accessibility, Mental Health, Pride, and Parents, Guardians and Carers) and 8 Mental Health First Aiders trained across the UK offices, Publishing Events and access to free Publishing Resources
For additional benefits see our careers page
Bloomsbury is a place where anyone of any background, race, ethnicity, religion, sexuality, gender identity, age, ability, or socio-economic status can thrive, feel comfortable, and be heard and accepted. We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all sections of the community.
We are willing to make any reasonable adjustments throughout the recruitment process, please flag to the recruitment team if required
Applicants must have the legal right to work in the UK.