HR Operations and Payroll Administrator
Bloomsbury Publishing Plc
£31000 - £34000
Is the role permanent?
Is the role full-time?
general enquires only - [email protected]
HR Operations and Payroll Administrator, People & Engagement Team
Bloomsbury Publishing is looking for a HR Operations and Payroll Administrator to join our collaborative and friendly HR Operations team, which sits within the People & Engagement team.
This is an exciting opportunity for a detail oriented and motivated individual to provide a wide range of administration support in all aspects of HR Operations and Payroll with a passion of accuracy and compliance.
The role requires successful candidate to ensure accurate and timely payroll administration, employee benefit input and preparation of relevant reports as and when necessary.
This role reports to, and will work alongside, our Senior HR Manager to ensure a timely and accurate HR and Payroll administration service is delivered.
- Payroll administration tasks on a monthly basis, including inputting employee benefit data i.e. pension percentage, maternity/ parental leave, medical insurance, sharesave etc. in the HR information system and updating benefit trackers
- Monitoring and answering queries in the Payroll & HR email - payroll, benefits related queries, prioritising issues for action and referring complex queries and issues to HR Managers.
- Monitoring employees’ absence, ensuring all information is added onto the HR system including medical certificates where appropriate to ensure procedures are being followed.
- Producing HR Reports as and when necessary
- Process supplier’s invoices at system for coding and 1st stage approval for payment
- Managing the administration of car fleet
- Ad-hoc work for Payroll, Reward and Benefits programme, HR projects as and when required.
Knowledge, skills and experience
- Demonstrated experience working with a HR and Payroll system
- Payroll Administration experience is highly desirable
- Proven experience in Excel vlookup, pivot table etc.
- Expert using Microsoft Words, Outlook, Teams
- Strong numeracy skills and comfortable with HR/payroll calculations such as pro-rating pay information for part timers or leavers, and calculating pro rata holiday entitlements etc.
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Highly organised and able to identify tasks based on priority
- Strong time management skills, able to multi-task and meet competing deadlines
- Able to maintain confidentiality at all times
Salary: £31,000 – £34,000
The role is a full-time permanent position.
The role is based at our London office 50 Bedford Square, London, WC1B 3DP working on a hybrid working pattern of 2 days office based / 3 days home based (or fully office based if preferred). Allocated office days for this role are to be confirmed.
Please apply with a 2 page CV and 1 page covering letter addressed to Human Resources (Word or PDF format only) via the below URL detailing how you meet the requirements outlined above for this role by Wednesday 29th November 2023
Bloomsbury reserve the right to close the role early if we exceed the required number of applications
As well as a fantastic opportunity to join a global award-winning organisation, Bloomsbury offers the following competitive benefits package:
- hybrid working pattern of: 2 days office based / 3 days home based (or fully office based if preferred)
- 25 days holiday
- 3.5 days Christmas company holiday
- Two paid Personal Wellness Days
- Flexible Fridays – take Friday afternoon off by working an additional 3 hours and 45 minutes earlier in the week
- Season Ticket Loan
- Sharesave Scheme
- AXA Healthcare Plan (Private Medical Insurance)
- In-house Doctor
- Eyecare Voucher Scheme
Company culture – Employee Voice Meetings, Staff Networks (Bloom (BAME), Accessibility, Mental Health, Pride, and Parents, Guardians and Carers) and 21 Mental Health First Aiders trained across the UK offices, Publishing Events and access to free Publishing Resources
For additional benefits see our careers page
Bloomsbury is a place where anyone of any background, race, ethnicity, religion, sexuality, gender identity, age, ability, or socio-economic status can thrive, feel comfortable, and be heard and accepted. We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all sections of the community.
We are willing to make any reasonable adjustments throughout the recruitment process, please flag to the recruitment team if required
Applicants must have the legal right to work in the UK.