Troubador Publishing Ltd
Market Harborough (in-person)
£22,500 a year
Is the role Full-time?
Is the role permanent?
Alex Thompson, [email protected]
TBC, early applications encouraged
We are seeking a talented and enthusiastic Editorial Assistant to join our growing in-house editorial team. Reporting directly to the Publishing Manager and Assistant Editorial Manager, this role is focused on providing high-quality editorial services for our authors whether that be copy-editing, proofreading or any other editorial service as required.
As well as being focused on editorial work, there are also opportunities to get involved in wider business functions such as writing blog articles and contributing to our social media presence among other things. Working closely with the rest of the editorial team, this is a brilliant opportunity for an ambitious editorial assistant keen to take the next step in their publishing career.
- The core focus of this role is around completing copy edits and proofreading for our authors’ work. You will be working on a high number of edits in a given month.
- Managing your time to ensure that you hit the target word count assigned by the Assistant Editorial Manager each month.
- Liaising with other internal stakeholders on the key deadlines associated with the publication of titles.
- Undertake administration duties as required within the editorial department.
- Provide excellent customer service when required whether on the phone or in person.
- Involvement in other company activities as required with potential for involvement in social media and blog article writing among others.
- Strong proofreading and copy-editing skills
- Meticulous attention to detail with strong organisational and time-management skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work under pressure and hit stringent deadlines
- Experience with Microsoft Office (Word and Excel specifically)
- Experience in an editorial-focused role is helpful but not essential
- Basic knowledge of InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator is helpful but not essential
- Casual dress
- Company events
- Company pension
- Free on-site parking
- Sick pay
- Transport links
- Wellness programme
- Work from home
Schedule: Flexitime, Monday to Friday