Working remotely from home
Is the role permanent?
Is the role full-time?
Part-time. 3 days a week.
Please send your CV and covering letter to [email protected]
3rd of March, 2024
- Together with the business director and our sales and marketing lead, you will help to steer the future direction of the company.
- You will filter submissions from authors and proactively commission new books in line with our agreed publishing goals.
- You will present and provide feedback to the management team for book proposals.
- You will help shape books from initial proposal to completed manuscript.
- Working with the authors/editors to guide and fine-tune book proposals.
- Reviewing all submitted manuscripts for sensitivities and quality.
- Editing/copyediting submitted manuscripts.
- You will coordinate, and agree with colleagues, the company’s publication schedule.
- You will liaise with freelancers, proofreaders.
- You will write advance information and promotional text for each of the books and help to define cover design briefs.
- You will be a face of the company. Having the chance to design conferences and training days that we run to support the topic areas we publish.
- You will seek ways to develop new lists, to include new topics and the latest developments in the field.
The successful candidate will have the following skills and qualities:
- Previous editorial experience.
- Experience as a copyeditor.
- You should be a skilled communicator with an eye for good writing and clarity of argument.
- You will have an in-depth knowledge of, and connections within, the world of counselling and psychotherapy.
- You should be excited by the chance to publish books that can help change the counselling profession and broader mental healthcare system for the better.