What on Earth Publishing
£24,000 per annum
Is the role permanent?
Is the role full-time?
Yes – 2 days per week in the London office, 3 days a week at home, with the possibility of more office days in the future.
Contact details: [email protected]
with subject line ‘Editorial Assistant’
Friday 17th November
What on Earth Publishing publish beautiful, innovative non-fiction books that engage children’s natural curiosity and passion for learning.
We are looking for a creative, meticulous Editorial Assistant with a passion for doing meaningful work that inspires, entertains and informs. We are a small team, so strong communication skills, the willingness to go above and beyond when necessary, and a friendly, open and positive attitude are musts.
Reporting to the Editorial Director, and collaborating closely with the Design team, you will…
- Assist with project managing approximately 10 children’s non-fiction titles per year, from initial concept through to bound book, including scheduling, managing freelance contributors, liaising with licensors and licensees, and managing metadata;
- Prepare contracts for review and liaise with agents;
- Edit and proofread content, working closely with colleagues, authors and illustrators;
- Prepare AIs and cover copy;
- Liaise with colleagues in Design, Sales, Marketing and Production;
- Assist with editorial administration, such as taking minutes of meetings;
- Other duties as required.
Requirements for this role:
- Outstanding organisational skills and the ability to juggle moving pieces;
- Meticulous attention to detail;
- A passion for illustrated book publishing and awareness of the children’s non-fiction market;
- Excellent people-management skills and the ability to function as part of a collaborative team;
- A strong understanding of all aspects of written language, including narrative flow, grammar, spelling, punctuation, style and tone;
- Excellent and flexible communication skills;
- Experience of research and working with source materials is desirable but not essential.