Is the role permanent?:
Is the role full-time?:
Contact details: [email protected]
6 August, noon
This is an exciting opportunity for a bookworm with a strong interest in global current affairs, in the early stages of their publishing career.
The chosen candidate will play an essential role in helping editors get manuscripts into production, working closely with them on a wide range of books at different stages of the editorial process. As we are a small team, there will also be ample opportunity to gain insight into and work closely with Marketing, Publicity and Production.
Key elements of the role will include:
- Editorial skills (proofreading, copy-editing, typesetting preparation)
- Working with the Senior Editor on academic peer review & jacket copy
- Author management
- Administrative and editorial assistance to the Publisher
- Helping the Associate Publisher with metadata and eBook preparation
- Demonstrable knowledge of and interest in global affairs
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, and a good eye for detail
- Outstanding levels of organisation and capacity for independent work
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to learn fast in a small team
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office
- Undergraduate degree (BA or equivalent level)
- Foreign-language proficiency would be beneficial, but is not essential
Start date: September 2021
Please send two separate application emails: one should have your documents anonymised (no names, no references to gender, age or contact details, no links to writing samples displaying your name).
Shortlisted candidates will be notified and sent an editorial test by Monday 16 August, for interviews the following week.