Burleigh Dodds Science Publishing
£18,000 to £22,000
Is the role permanent?
Is the role full-time?
Contact details: [email protected]
30th June or earlier if appointment made
Burleigh Dodds Science Publishing is an award-winning independent publisher based in Cambridge specialising in publishing sustainable agriculture and food science content.
As part of our expansion an exciting opportunity has arisen for a highly organised Editorial Assistant to join our team. We are looking for an enthusiastic and highly motivated person to manage our projects from initial author invitation right through to final publication. The role provides critical support to the Editorial team and offers the opportunity to see all aspects of an academic publishing business and potential future growth into a commissioning role.
- Project management of books and chapters to achieve the required annual title output and target publications dates
- Maintaining accurate records and update internal systems to record project statuses
- Providing regular project updates to editors and the Editorial Director
- Ensuring a first class editor/author experience working with us
- Organising chapter redrafting where required, prepare prelims and work with our production and design partners to bring the titles to publication
- Maintain and update bibliographic metadata
You’ll liaise and be involved in all parts of the business and work with a very friendly and forward thinking team.
The ideal candidate will possess the following key attributes:
- An excellent standard of written English with a close attention to detail
- Strong organisational and communication skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Strong IT skills to enable working with various systems and applications
- A self-starter attitude with the ability to meet deadlines and multi-task
The position supports hybrid working arrangements.
Please apply directly to Rob Burleigh ([email protected]) with covering letter and CV.