Digital publisher and print typesetter
Helion & Company
Is the role permanent:
Is the role full-time:
Duncan Rogers, Managing Director, [email protected]
Friday 24 February 2023
Founded over 25 years ago, Helion is a well-established and highly respected publisher of military history. The company has a stable and friendly editorial, commercial and administrative team.
This is a new role in the business, consolidating work that has been previously carried out by external contractors. Scale of activity now makes it sensible to bring much of this work in-house.
The core tasks will be to produce print-ready books from the raw materials provided by the editorial staff, and publication-ready eBooks from existing print files.
Work will be produced using industry-standard software. The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate significant experience and competence in such applications, and should have experience within the publishing industry.
Qualifications & Skills
- • Demonstrable competence and experience in the following are requisite for this role:
- Use of Adobe Creative Cloud software, specifically including InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator and Acrobat Pro
- Production of print-ready book files
- Production of publication-ready eBooks in multiple formats including PDF, EPUB and MOBI)
- A thorough technical understanding of the processing of image files for print (including file types, colour modes, resolution)
- Proficiency in MS Office (Word and Excel in particular)
- Excellent organisational skills and the ability to multitask
- Exceptional attention to detail
- bility to work to agreed timescales and quality criteria, at times under pressure, and without the need for close supervision on a day-to-day basis
This is an exciting opportunity to join an established and dynamic business, and a leader of content within its field.