Digital Production Editor, Academic and Professional Division
Bloomsbury Publishing Plc
Oxford or London
Is the role permanent?
Is the role full-time?
for general enquires only [email protected]
19th March 2023
We are looking for a digital production editor to join our Academic and Professional Division to work on our ground-breaking digital publishing products. These products include Bloomsbury Collections, Bloomsbury Fashion Central, and the Berg Fashion Library, with new platforms planned across a range of subject areas including Design, Music, and Education.
Key tasks include briefing and overseeing editorial freelancers, conversion and digital content providers, QAing and uploading XML to digital platforms, and proofing online content. You will work closely with our in-house Editorial and Digital teams, prepress and conversion suppliers, and freelance copy-editors.
Knowledge, skills and experience
The ideal candidate will have:
- experience of working with XML as applied in a publishing, academic, professional or online environment
- strong copy-editing and proof-reading skills
- excellent organisational and time-management skills
- a meticulous and thorough approach with a keen eye for detail
- proven project management skills
The role is a full-time permanent position and will be based in either our London office 50 Bedford Square, London, WC1B 3DP or at our Oxford office, Kemp House, Chawley Park, Cumnor Hill, Oxford OX2 9PH depending on candidate location.
Please note this is a hybrid role based on a mandatory working pattern of 2 days office based / 3 days home based (or fully office based if preferred). Allocated office days are: Wednesday and Thursday
Please apply with a CV and covering letter addressed to Human Resources (Word or PDF format only) via the ‘URL’ below detailing how you meet the requirements outlined above for this role by 19th March 2023.
Bloomsbury reserve the right to close the role early if we exceed the required number of applications
As well as a fantastic opportunity to join a global award-winning organisation, Bloomsbury offers the following competitive benefits package:
- hybrid working pattern of: 2 days office based / 3 days home based (or fully office based if preferred)
- 25 days holiday
- 3.5 days Christmas company holiday
- Two paid Personal Wellness Days
- Flexible Fridays – take Friday afternoon off by working an additional 3 hours and 45 minutes earlier in the week
- Season Ticket Loan
- Sharesave Scheme
- In-house Doctor
- Eyecare Voucher Scheme
- Company culture – Employee Voice Meetings, Staff Networks (Bloom (BAME), Accessibility, Mental Health, Pride, and Parents, Guardians and Carers), 9 Mental Health First Aiders trained across the UK offices, Publishing Events and access to free Publishing Resources
For additional benefits see our careers page
Bloomsbury is a place where anyone of any background, race, ethnicity, religion, sexuality, gender identity, age, ability, or socio-economic status can thrive, feel comfortable, and be heard and accepted.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all sections of the community.
We are willing to make any reasonable adjustments throughout the recruitment process, please flag to the recruitment team if required
Applicants must have the legal right to work in the UK.