dependent on experience
Is the role permanent?
Is the role full-time?
Contact details: https://www.quarto.com/aboutus/careersdesc.aspx?seq=138
6 October 2023
Are you looking for a new challenge in a creative role? If so, we have an exciting opportunity to join our Quarto Kids team as our Design Assistant.
Quarto creates inspiring books for adults and children published across the globe. The Design Assistant plays a vital role in supporting the creative team and contributing to the overall success of Quarto Kids by assisting in design projects and administrative tasks.
About the role
This is an excellent opportunity to build your design career within children’s illustrated book publishing and develop new skills. Reporting to the Art Director, you will work within the design team for our award-winning children’s imprints.
What you will be involved in
- Assisting with pre-pressing and approving books
- Creating the catalogues for book fairs and produce materials as required
- Working with the Art Director and Publishers to deliver imprint paperback programmes
- Managing reprint titles with the Publishing Assistant
- Designing re-use projects/reformats for special sales customers
- Archiving completed titles
- Carrying out general administrative tasks such as processing invoices etc.
Who you are
As a Design Assistant, you would have a good eye for detail, a strong grasp of design concepts, and the ability to collaborate effectively with the creative team. While prior experience with Adobe Creative Suite is not mandatory, having a foundation in the software will be beneficial.
You will be able to show you can:
- Create visual assets for various projects
- Collaborate and communicate effectively with the team
- Develop proficiency in design software, especially Adobe Creative Suite
- Prioritise and manage multiple design tasks, ensuring you meet project deadlines with attention to detail.
What we can offer
A supportive, open environment with development opportunities, as well as the following benefits:
- 25 days paid holiday per year (increasing up to 30 days per year), plus bank holidays
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Staff discounts on selected shops, retailers and restaurants
- Health Cash Plan
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Summer hours
- Free books scheme
- Active social and diversity committees
How to apply
Please send a CV and cover letter to [email protected] by the closing date and state the vacancy name in the email subject title.
Ensure you cover the following:
- Your motivation and match with the role requirements
- What appeals to you about this particular role
- What key skills, experience and achievements do you have that you think are relevant to this role, and why. Please provide examples of how you have used or demonstrated those.
We employ individuals based on their abilities and welcome applicants from all backgrounds regardless of disability, ethnic origin, gender, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, belief, age or sexual orientation.
Please note that due to the high volume of applications we receive, we will only be able to respond to candidates selected for interview.
All applicants must be able to demonstrate the right to live and work in the UK in order to be considered for the vacancy.