Contracts Executive, Legal
Bloomsbury Publishing Plc
Is the role permanent?
Is the role full-time?
for general enquires only - [email protected]
Bloomsbury Publishing Plc’s Contracts department is looking for a new resourceful and motivated Contracts Executive to join the busy and supportive team.
This is a great opportunity for an ambitious contracts assistant or junior contracts executive looking for their next career move as you’ll be involved in creating a variety of different types of agreements working with all strands of publishing across the world.
The role involves drafting, reviewing and negotiating contracts for content provided across all divisions, working closely with Editorial staff to answer queries and provide contractual supports, liaising and cooperating with departments across the company including Royalties, Rights and Legal, maintaining an accurate record of contracts progress in an efficient manner, working efficiently and collaborate with the other Contracts Executives.
Knowledge, skills and experience
- Experience of drafting, reviewing contracts and addenda
- Excellent knowledge of standard contractual terms
- Excellent eye for detail and a high level of organisation
- Ability to prioritise a varied workload and handle queries efficiently
- Excellent knowledge of Biblio
The role is a full-time and permanent
The role is based at our London office 50 Bedford Square, London, WC1B 3DP on a hybrid working pattern of 2 days office based / 3 days home based (or fully office based if preferred).
Please apply with a CV and covering letter addressed to Human Resources (Word or PDF format only) via the URL below detailing how you meet the requirements outlined above for this role by Thursday 30th of May 2023.
Bloomsbury reserve the right to close the role early if we exceed the required number of applications
As well as a fantastic opportunity to join a global award-winning organisation, Bloomsbury offers the following competitive benefits package:
- hybrid working pattern of: 2 days office based / 3 days home based (or fully office based if preferred)
- 25 days holiday
- 3.5 days Christmas company holiday
- Two paid Personal Wellness Days
- Flexible Fridays – take Friday afternoon off by working an additional 3 hours and 45 minutes earlier in the week
- Season Ticket Loan
- Sharesave Scheme
- In-house Doctor
- Eyecare Voucher Scheme
- Company culture – Employee Voice Meetings, Staff Networks (Bloom (BAME), Accessibility, Mental Health, Pride, and Parents, Guardians and Carers), 9 Mental Health First Aiders trained across the UK offices, Publishing Events and access to free Publishing Resources
For additional benefits our careers page
Bloomsbury is a place where anyone of any background, race, ethnicity, religion, sexuality, gender identity, age, ability, or socio-economic status can thrive, feel comfortable, and be heard and accepted.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all sections of the community.
We are willing to make any reasonable adjustments throughout the recruitment process, please flag to the recruitment team if required
Applicants must have the legal right to work in the UK.