Commissioning Editor (maternity cover)
Edinburgh University Press
Is this role Full-time?
Is the role permanent?
Fixed-term contract (maternity cover)
Carol Macdonald [email protected]
Friday 1st July
We have a Commissioning Editor maternity cover role in the books team at Edinburgh University Press to fill.
This role will look after Law as well as the Language and Linguistics list. Both these lists are textbook-focused so this is a great opportunity to contribute to their development as well as to keep existing projects progressing for the duration of cover. You will also work on the growing monograph programme across both these areas and new series ideas.
Responsibilities will include:
- Providing excellent author care throughout the publication process
- Commissioning new and existing authors, developing proposals and potential new series
- Monitoring and managing new edition cycles to strengthen and maintain the backlist
- Contributing to editorial strategy and building of the list
- Demonstrating awareness of the changing publishing landscape and the opportunities for digital growth and Open Access
- Keeping abreast of latest research trends and competition in the national and international market
- Working closely with colleagues in production, marketing and sales
- Travelling internationally to attend academic conferences and industry events
The ideal candidate will be self-motivated, bring enthusiasm and a market-led approach to the commissioning role, and demonstrate a good understanding of the international academic market. They will have a sense of innovation and creativity, developing new ideas and improving existing titles. EUP is committed to the values of equity, diversity, inclusion and accessibility and welcomes applications from all sections of the community.