Artworker (Children’s Books)
Is the role permanent?
Is the role full-time?
Flexible, based on experience
Contact: [email protected]
Department: Design Team
Reports to: Head of Design
Based: Units 1-4, Tolwell Road, Leicester, LE4 1BR
In this role, you will be an integral member of Sweet Cherry’s growing design team, developing and designing a variety of licensed and own brand products. The successful candidate will have proven a creative flair, a good working knowledge of design software and familiarity with design and print techniques. This is a fantastic opportunity for the successful candidate to play a critical role in our growing company and gain valuable experience in the industry.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Collaborate with other team members to ensure the team meets deadlines and expectations
- Work closely with and support the design team as a whole to follow designs and artwork from their conception to final sign-off
- Working to Design and Marketing design briefs
- Ensure artwork is consistent, accurate and follows any brand guidelines
- To correct and format documents before they're sent to the printers
- Check printers' plotters and proofs
- Adapt existing artwork to alternative layouts and/or formats
- Sourcing and creating files for other departments on request
- Designing print and digital B2C and B2B promotional material (web banners, sell sheets, bookmarks, posters, stickers, etc.) using Adobe Photoshop and InDesign
- A positive can-do attitude and willingness to learn and adapt quickly
- Good working knowledge of Adobe InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop
- An interest in children’s books and the publishing industry
What We Offer:
- Training and development
- Free onsite parking
- Workplace pension
40 hours a week (flexible) Monday to Friday
Core office hours: 9.30am-4.30pm
20 days plus bank holidays
Starting salary: Flexible based on experience
To apply: please send your CV and cover letter to [email protected]
Sweet Cherry is committed to creating a diverse, inclusive and equitable workplace. We welcome job applications from people with diverse backgrounds and experience.